How does a doorbell camera work in Dover?
Daily home deliveries have become routine for many homeowners thanks to the emergence of online shopping. You appreciate the benefit of having packages dropped in front of your door, but there is a drawback. Those parcels sitting in plain sight are temptations to potential burglars. Porch piracy continues to be a serious concern, but you can do something about it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are great tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they provide significantly more.
Take a second to see how they work and why they’ll likely become an essential facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Dover video doorbell
Found in wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a range of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to progress. You can now implement detection zones, speak to whoever’s on your porch, and get immediate alerts whenever an item is dropped off.
The best way to find out how a Dover video doorbell camera works is to look at the numerous benefits it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You won’t get this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take an active role in deterring burglary with warning lights and sounds. This is an effective way to let prowlers know somebody is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of people on your porch and packages on the ground. Cameras with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision give you a comprehensive perspective.
- Crystal-clear images no matter the hour: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the benefit of using a doorbell camera? Leading models will provide incredible high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You are able to receive immediate notifications from video doorbells that can tell the difference between visitors and boxes.
- Speak with the visitor at your door: Is a person waiting at your main entry? Two-way audio allows you to ask why they’re there. You might even utilize this beneficial feature to deter people lurking around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to customize detection zones. Restricting the space to be monitored will let you minimize false alarms brought about by pets or pedestrians.
- Convenient access to video: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the opportunity to access current and archived video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you can interact with them right from your phone, no matter your location. They’ll notify you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s going on, and even permit you to talk with the individual at your door. These components have become game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.
Request a doorbell camera with your Dover smart home
Take a stand against package theft and keep an eye on what’s happening in front of your door at all times with a Dover doorbell camera. Vivint’s innovative models provide all the sought-after features, like active theft deterrents, wide-angle viewing, and package notifications. Call
(302) 321-3498 today to start designing your smart home.