Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Dover smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into one unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in full charge of your Dover home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and explore tips to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Dover?
Wirelessly connecting to sensors and other implements through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also gives you total remote access and control through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the duties you can perform:
- Review current or saved footage from any connected security cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Dover by implementing schedules or creating preferences. For example, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock whenever the fire alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will remain in the home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and each sensor in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The home screen will show a message if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open window will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the security system by following the above steps. You will then confirm you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Dover
Despite the fact that many users can be set up during the initial installation, you may want to add another user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote functionality, tap email or phone and provide the information to send an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, navigate to the menu, press users, select the user you want to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security with an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Dover home security system. Dial (302) 321-3498 to get started.