Tips to cut down on false alarms in Dover
False alarms are a legitimate issue for your home’s security. Not only do they lower the confidence you have in your alarms, but they may be a pain to resolve. Luckily, you may do a number of things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Dover home security system.
As the first step, ensure that everything is set up properly. This will probably seem like common sense, but it frequently happens that overlooked mistakes lead to false alarms. For the next step, watch out for potential sources of false alarms, like a back door that may be kept open mistakenly. And of course, feel free to use the extra features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Dover.
Is it really that straightforward? Keep reading to find out.
Numerous false alarms in Dover can be avoided
Like diagnosing any concern, the initial step is to review the manual. Ensure all devices are installed properly on your end by:
- Executing a diagnostic through your touchscreen smart hub.
- Physically evaluate each component to be certain it didn't slip or need a new battery.
- Check your scheduling to ensure that your home’s security isn’t engaging at inopportune times.
- Be certain that all new smart components are installed correctly and aren't interfering with your system.
Call your Vivint representative if you are still having problems cutting down false alarms in your Dover home. They'll be pleased to dispatch a tehnician to examine your setup.
Investigate your entry points
When your system checks out installed properly, the subsequent course of action is to thoroughly inspect your residence. Are all your windows and doors shut tight, or do you find some mistakenly ajar? If an entrance stays open, it could trigger a motion sensor. If it just so happens that your family constantly fails to shut an entry point, you can install a smart locking mechanism that automatically locks when your system goes live. Sadly, windows require additional hands-on attention, mainly if you have someone who enjoys to sleep with a cracked window. Fortunately, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to turn off that device while protecting the rest of the house.
Automation can be a smart method to cut down on false alarms in Dover
One of the most effective ways to minimize the chance of false alarms is to incorporate smart home automation into your security system. By using your Vivint app, you can:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and avoid false alarms that result from absentmindedly opening doors or windows. Then have it automatically set again at night as you start your bedtime routine.
- Have your system disarm when your smart front door lock is triggered with the right number combination.
- Set geotracking to arm your system if you exit the driveway, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Get cell phone updates when your devices sense uncommon movements or need a battery change.
- Link your equipment to Alexa or Google Home, so you can turn your system on or off without the smartphone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Dover with a Vivint smart home
Increased authority over your property’s security means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint home security system, call (302) 321-3498 or submit the following form.